Saturday 5 March 2011

Little Bunny Foo Foo and other assorted crap I sing to Immie

Poor Immie has just woken up inconsolable. Proper big fat tears, hysterical crying. I think it is those pesky toothy pegs, combined with her fighting off this virus, it has made for one miserable little tortoise.

One way I find really works in calming her down is to lay her on our bed with me and for me to sing to her. The only problem is, I really can't remember the words to many nursery rhymes/children's songs. It is amazing how something you knew inside out as a child is confined to the bin in your brain!

So my current repertoire consists of

- Little Bunny Foo Foo
- 10 green bottles (really tedious by the time you reach 6!)
- Baa Baa Black Sheep (Yes I am pretty non PC)
- Hickory Dickory Dock
- Hey Diddle Diddle
- Twinkle Twinkle litte star

And thats about it.

I did attempt teddy bears picnic the other day but that resulted in me singing over and over 'At 6 o'clock their mummies and daddies will take them home to bed because they're tired little teddy bears' because I truly couldn't remember the words!

I really need to find some lyrics to more nursery rhymes and children's songs!

Mama xx

No comments:

Post a Comment