Monday 2 May 2011

1st Birthday

This weekend saw Immie finally reach the age of 1!

Saturday we had a BBQ party for some family & friends, Sunday all 4 grandparents and us went out for lunch. Today we have been to the lake district to visit our friend Steve who is over from Boston and who finally got to meet Immie!

The BBQ party was ace! Lots of party food, party bags, a hello kitty cake made by the OH and a pinata which resulted in my OH hoovering the garden! (He objected to the pinata glitter I filled it with!)




Immie received a ridiculous number of lovely pressies (I got a few too!) and we are very grateful to be able to spend her special birthday weekend with lovely friends. OH and I bought Immie a swing for her birthday, this has proved to be a big hit as she grins like a loon when in it!

Then the meal with the grandparents yesterday was lovely. We all went to the Lord Nelson in Hoylandswaine. It was the first time we'd all sat together for a meal since our wedding! Immie had popcorn chicken and chips (just as a special birthday treat!), she loves sitting up at tables being all grown up.

Today we took a trip to the lake district. Steve (who was best man at our wedding) was over from Boston, Massachusetts for a conference. So we drove up to see him & his parents who were staying in the Lake District with him. We went to the house where Beatrix Potter lived and wrote her children's books. Immie loved meeting her Uncle Steve, and gave him a cuddle (whilst trying to snap his glasses!) She was also pretty taken with Steve's dad (especially when he blew raspberries with her!) Uncle Steve bought her a Mrs Tiggywinkle book and a peter rabbit buggy book. We bought her a Peter rabbit book and a Jemima Puddle-duck book. The weather was fantastic and the scenery was stunning.

Immie despite teething has been brilliant all weekend. She loves hanging out with lots of people. I am sure this is because she goes to nursery and likes lots of social interaction!

So now I have a 1 year old. It is scary how quick the time has gone. I keep remembering what I was doing this time last year. It is fair to say I wouldn't want to repeat those first 3 months in particular, but I wouldn't change them or Immie either!

Now I'm off to pack my bag for school tomorrow. I really am back to reality!

Mama x

No comments:

Post a Comment