Monday 25 July 2011

Effing chicken pox!

So the first weekend of the school holidays and Immie has come down with chicken pox.

To be fair she has been off colour for about 2 weeks, last weekend the doc at out of hours said she had a sore throat and that was what was causing her to cough. However, the doc today (after rolling her eyes that I was back yet again with Immie!) gave me a sheet, on that sheet it told us the symptoms of chicken pox, lo and behold this included a sore throat, dry cough and general misery. It also said you can have these symptoms (plus headaches and limb ache etc) for up to 20 days before hand. This would definitely fit with the timescales that Immie has been feeling under the weather.

So for the first proper day of my summer hols, instead of getting on top of my washing and ironing (yeah right, or at least watching Jezza Kyle in peace) I have been confined to the house watching Thomas the Tank Engine, Mister Maker, Show me Show me and Waybuloo! I was alowed a small break when Immie let me watch Loose Women and Neighbours!

As with all things itchy, because I know Immie is itchy I am convinced I am itchy and have been scratching like mad all day!

Lets just hope the Chicken Pox goes soon!!

Mama x

No comments:

Post a Comment