Wednesday 10 August 2011

So she waited till I wasn''t there.....

We always assumed Immie would start walking at nursery. She spends a large amount of her time there, they give her lots of encouragement and practice, it seemed inevitable. I am sure she has lots of firsts there. It doesn't bother me and I certainly don't let it upset me. She will do lots of firsts without me when she starts school, nursery is no different.

Saturday 6th August, I went to a wedding. The wedding of my lovely friends Hannah and Tom. The wedding was in Rugby, 2 hours away from where we live so I drove me and a few friends from work. We statyed over in a hotel, lovely, a whole 24 hours to be a grown up. Imogen stayed at home with her daddy, a bit of father/daughter bonding.

Between courses at the reception I received a text from the other half "Just dones 2 steps. Holding on to walker then let go and went for it to grab the bath". My first reaction was that OH was winding me up but the response was "Nope, just done it again".

So the little madam had waited till I was away to have a go at independent walking, needless to say she hasn't done it since!! But far from being sad that I missed it, I am chuffed that she is finally beginning to have a bash at walking. Might mean all the old women in shops might stop looking at me like I'm a bad mother because Immie isn't walking ;)

Mama x

No comments:

Post a Comment